Monday, November 10, 2008

they make all the difference...your friends.

A year ago i felt lost. I mean.....I didn't really have a circle of friends per say. I was not meeting new people, old friends were leaving. I was confused to be sure.

Well that was a year ago. Its amazing what time can do. What a year, or even a month or two can do for a person; Sometimes good, sometimes bad. Two months ago I had no idea that this is where i would stand today, and 6 months ago I would have even had a harder time believing it! It is truly a blessing from God. I have met so many new people, and forged new solid relationships with some of them. People whom, I had even met before, just never really got a chance to know. Now making new friends is great, but unfortunately I have this irrational fear that I will lose those friends eventually, which lets me make many good friends, but very few BEST friends. Opening up that much of myself is scary. But its happening. God is good.

This last Saturday night we, BERT (Ben, Emily, Ryan, and Taleah), were hanging out at Ben's house and a situation arose such that Emily said to me "See! Its the people that make all the difference!" She is right! I had a chance to do the exact same activity we were doing somewhere else, and I declined. The people were the ONLY thing that would have been different. How awesome it is, to feel like you can be 100% yourself, and not have a fear that you are being judged!

Sunday morning as I was helping my dad rake up leaves and pine needles, I realized one amazing thing. I do not feel lost anymore.

No comments: